Technical Meeting in Pisa, January 2013
25 January 2013
Six-month technical meeting. Topics discussed included Co-Reference and Named Entity resolution, the development of multilingual sentiment lexicons based on machine propagation through WordNets, lexicon validation, review sites and social media to use.
OpeNER’s six-month technical meeting took place on January 10-11, 2013, in Pisa. All of the project’s partners attended.
Technical details of projects components such as the following were discussed:
- Co-reference resolution: toolsets and algorithms in use.
- Named Entity Recognition and Classification (NERC): techniques employed.
- Named Entity Resolution based on available ontologies. Named Entity Linking. Entity Repositories that are being employed and enriched.
- Sentiment Lexicon Development: construction of a multilingual lexicon of sentiment-bearing expressions. Characteristics of the initial seed list and procedure for machine-driven propagation over WordNets. Validation procedures.
- Datasets for opinion mining and geolocalisation: review sites and social media to use.
- Standardised data representation formats that are being used.